This summer is coming to an end, and with it comes a lot of new beginnings for Mark and I... but I'll get into the beginnings in a little bit.
This summer has been a busy one! Last fall, I knew I was going to have to take my final class, a ten week internship, this summer. I had a couple of options. I could either find a preschool in the Golden area and do a distance internship, or I could do my internship at the UW Early Care and Education Center in Laramie. I felt that I would have a better overall experience in Laramie, and so I made plans to spend my summer there.
I did my internship in the infant classroom and to be honest, I loved it. I got to know those little guys in a way that's so different than toddlers or preschoolers. I am so glad I had the opportunity to work with that age group. As part of the internship, I had to completely take over the classroom for four weeks... planning lessons, leading activities, etc. We investigated instruments, dancing, food of different textures, boxes, and many more things! One of our biggest explorations while I was teaching was dirt and mud. At the end of my internship, I had to do a documentation panel on this activity in the hall outside of the classroom. Here is all of my documentation laid out on the floor... the hallway was pretty narrow so it was hard to get a picture of the completed project, but this is the just of it:
I can't believe I'm finished with my bachelor's degree! Well... for now that is : ). My final degree is in Professional Child Development with a Director's Certificate and a Birth - 5 Endorsement. I am strongly considering going back in the spring to complete five classes (that can be distance courses) for a Special Education Endorsement.
This post wouldn't be complete without a little tribute to my summer with Amanda. We really loved living together. We sort of thought that we'd end up hating each other, or at least fighting a lot, but that really didn't happen. Instead, she became more of my best friend than she already is. Thanks for the memories, Amanda. I'll NEVER forget this summer!
While I was finishing school in Laramie, Mark has been in Golden finishing his thesis. This has not been the ideal situation, obviously, but we are both doing what we need to do in order to make it work for us! He has had a lot of late nights, but he's almost done! He will be defending his thesis in less than two weeks! I am so proud of all of the work he has done, and I'm proud of us for making it through this summer. It's sure been a crazy one. We're almost finished and ready to move on, literally!
And... that brings me the next item of business... moving! If you'll remember, Mark has accepted a job in Fort Worth and we'll be moving there in less than a month! A week ago we took a trip to Fort Worth to look for a house to rent and we found one! It's in the area we wanted to be, the price was right, and the neighborhood seems really nice. Also.... I found a job too! I had an interview on Monday morning, and was actually offered a couple of positions. I'll be working at an after school program in the afternoons, and be a substitute teacher at a child development center in the mornings. Working with early childhood and elementary is just what I wanted, and I can't believe I'm so lucky to be able to do both. Although it's still a little surreal that our lives seem to be changing all at once and we're moving so far away, we're excited for a new beginning and new opportunities.
Ready or not Fort Worth, here come the Moyer's!








2 comments:
Wow, that is sooooooo great the you were able to get your Bachelor's degree are able to do what you love doing! And to top it all off, you even already have a wonderful job set up for you in your soon to be new home! Sounds like everything is coming together for you and Mark. We hope the best for you two. Even though Texas is even further away then the distance we have now, we hope to remain good friends and to see you someday soon! Good luck and post pics of your new place!
Congratulations on your job in Texas! That sounds like so much fun to live with Amanda, and I'm glad you guys had a good experience.
Post a Comment