Friday, February 11, 2011

My Favorite Cooking Blog

The internet can be a wonderful resource to use when you don't know what the heck to have for dinner... which for me is much to often.  So where do I turn when I need an idea for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or dessert?  I'll admit, I have googled  "Coupon for Pizza Hut" a time or two, but if I want to PLAN something, my go-to website is http://www.melskitchencafe.com/.  This blog has PRACTICAL, SIMPLE recipes that use NORMAL ingredients.  The woman who writes it has a family of her own, so she doesn't get too fancy.  That's my kind of cooking blog.  If you have questions about the recipe steps or cooking in general, she'll respond to your comment right away.  I also LOVE her "Tutorials" section.  If you want to know how to do something like how to shape rolls or how to cut a pineapple and you want step by step pictures, this section rocks.  All of the recipes are well organized in the Recipe Index so if you're searching for something specific, this is the place to go.  I've tried several of the recipes, and I can't wait to try more!  Check it out for yourself!

0 comments: