Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Crazy Little Thing Called LIFE............

Lately our lives have been so busy it's actually hard to put into words..... (Ok, now I am actually at a loss for words... dang.)  Maybe if I make a numbered list of the things that have been going on, it will be easier.

1.  The Assistant Director at the after school program where I work got a teaching job.  Great for her, but for me it means opening earlier (for our morning program) and staying later at least 2-3 nights a week... it's not that much later, but half an hour really eats into your night sometimes.

2.  Mark is diligently trying to finish the work for his thesis so he can start writing and actually graduate in May as planned... I have a feeling next semester will be a long one for him...

3.  Beginning the middle of September, Mark had about two weeks solid of job interviews, both on campus at Mines and also at Wyoming.

4.  A few weeks ago he started getting calls back for second interviews... the total of which is now seven.  We are truly grateful that this has happened, don't get me wrong, but for the last couple of weeks now he has been back and forth between home and interviews, and I have been back and forth to the airport about a million times.

5.  We have received a job offer from one of the companies and have a November 12th deadline to respond.  That's a great thing, but it does add to the ever growing list of job pressure.


6.  I have been finalizing my schedule for next semester and next summer... and deciding where I will be completing my internship next summer while Mark is away in whatever city we end up moving to for his job.  Stressful, but exciting as well... I might be staying with my sister for about ten weeks in Laramie and finishing up there.  That would be nice.

7.  We are beginning to think about start dates for both my internship and his job, and have had to be arranging both around graduation times for both of us and moving.... for both of us too, to two different locations... (Wow, I don't think I've ever used too, to, and two together like that before.)

8.  As I write this, my dad is helping us find a new vehicle to fix up for next spring, and the water pump and the power steering pump have gone bad on Mark's car.  Bad news = more money down the drain for a car we want to get rid of anyway.  Good news = We'll save some money on the water pump by having Mark and my dad put in a new one during Thanksgiving.  Thanks dad!  Hope nothing goes majorly wrong before that.....

9.  Finally, during this hectic time while we're thinking and planning for the future in various areas, it seems that while I might think I'm doing things with the future in mind, I got this result on a survey I had to take for a class last night:  "Slow mover. You are doing well to keep up with the present. For you, thinking about the future means figuring out next week."  The sad thing is, it's probably right!

0 comments: