Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Graduation, Texas and Sea World

My sister, Amanda, graduated high school on Sunday, May 23.  Congratulations Amanda!  I am so proud of you!



Well, we made it to Texas!  We left my parent's house at about 6:30 on Monday morning and arrived in Houston about 25 hours later!  We did stop for a sit down dinner and for a couple of hours to nap, but we weren't too tired so we figured we might as well keep driving!  We had to stop north of Houston to avoid rush hour and we got the most amazing raspberry filled donuts I have ever had.  Mmmmm!  Our apartment is small - just 375 square feet.  The bed is a Murphy Bed which means it folds down out of the wall.  I was afraid that it would be really uncomfortable, but it's really not bad at all!  The apartment came with a small dresser, love seat, and dining room table and chairs.  Oh yes, and I must not forget the added bonus of a washer and dryer AND dishwasher (oh, and actual counter space in the kitchen which we did not have in our apartment last year!)!  YAY!  I have missed having those items SO much!  All of the appliances are about 2/3 the size of regular appliances which I wasn't expecting, but so far has been fine except for not really being able to have our large skillet and a sauce pan next to each other at the same time...  We fit everything we brought to Houston in the back of my car - we'll see if we can do that on the way home!  A couple of things we brought with us were Mark's guitar and my keyboard.  Music is something we weren't willing to give up for the summer.  I'll post some pics of the apartment later when we have everything a bit more organized.  There is a lot of cupboard space here but there are still items that don't really have a place yet.

Mark and I celebrated our 1st anniversary on Sunday, May 30 with a trip to Sea World in San Antonio.  We had a great time even with the heat and a lot of people!  Here are some pictures of our Sea World trip.  : )  To see more pics, you can follow this link:  http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2064050&id=1439160064&l=bec0648bb3

1 comments:

Elisabeth said...

Wow, SeaWorld looks like so much fun! Plus, a washer and a dryer AND a dishwasher sounds like luxury :)